Eventing Rules for SCDCTA Medal Program
Show calendar year: October 1st to September 30th
Complete packet must be submitted by October 1st to be awarded that year.
Horse Trial and Combined Training Eventing Medal Program
To qualify for SCDCTA Medals and performance certificates the following criteria must be met:
• Rider was an active member of SCDCTA in good standing at time of show
• Horse was registered with SCDCTA at time of show
• For schooling shows, the show must be SCDCTA approved
• Scores may be used beginning with the 2011 competition year
Requirements for Submission of Scores:
• The fronts of score sheets MUST be photocopied and the following information MUST be included: horse’s name, rider, date, score, name of show (must be SCDCTA or USEA) and test used, dressage score and overall penalty points
• When complete, riders must submit SCDCTA Horse Trial Awards Form, Test sheets and send to current CT/Horse Trial Coordinator
• Medals may be on more than One (1) horse (with the exception of the Certificate of Achievement)
• There is no time limit as to when the scores have to be earned other than no scores prior to the 2011 season can be used
• Scores must be submitted by the deadline for eventing awards in order to be awarded that year
Certificate of Achievement
Awarded for completing Five (5) horse trials at any level Ameoba-Advanced. This is a horse award and one certificate per level can be earned by an individual horse.
Awarded to the rider for placing 1st through 6th at Three (3) Beginner Novice level horse trials.
Awarded to the rider for placing 1st through 6th at Three (3) Novice level horse trials.
Awarded to the rider for placing 1st through 6th at Three (3) Training level horse trials.
Awarded to the rider for placing 1st through 6th at Three (3) Preliminary level horse trials, including two-day events, and one-star three day events.
Awarded to the rider for placing 1st through 6th at Three (3) Intermediate or Advanced level Horse Trials, including two-day events, and three and four star three-day events.
Show calendar year: December 1st to November 30th
The McGinty Award
This award is in honor of Karen Haeusler’s now-retired-eventer, McGinty. McGinty took Karen from Novice to Intermediate with great success, earning the 2001 National Reserve Champion USCTA Preliminary Horse award and 2001 Area 3 Champion Preliminary Horse award. At the Intermediate level, McGinty won at Pine Top Horse Trials and helped rank Karen as a Top 10 Amateur rider in 2002.
This Award is to be presented to an Adult Amateur SCDCTA Senior member riding the same horse in any USEA recognized horse trials division Pre-Novice and above with the highest points based on the following scale:
• 1st – 10 points
• 2nd – 8 points
• 3rd – 6 points
• 4th – 4 points
• 5th – 2 points
• 6th – 1 point