Dressage Rules for SCDCTA Schooling Show Year-End Awards
Show calendar year: October 1st to September 30th
Rider and horse can join SCDCTA at an approved SCDCTA schooling show. Ask show management for a membership/horse registration combined form. Complete form and write check for amount to
SCDCTA and give to show management. They will send the form and check to SCDCTA with scores.
SCDCTA Dressage Schooling Shows
To qualify for SCDCTA approved schooling show awards, the
following criteria must be met:
• Rider was an active member of SCDCTA in good standing at
time of show. See note above.
• Horse was registered with SCDCTA at time of show. See note above.
• For schooling shows the show must be SCDCTA approved.
• Awards are based on a single horse/rider team.
• Intro to Fourth Level: A minimum of THREE scores required to
qualify for year-end awards; at least one score MUST be from
the highest test of the level. Median score will be calculated from
all scores earned during the show calendar year, except that the
LOWEST score earned will be dropped (unless that score is the
only one from the highest test of the level, in which case the
next-lowest score will be dropped). If a horse-rider combination
earns ONLY three scores, then the lowest score will be retained.
• FEI: A minimum of FOUR scores required to qualify; medians
will be calculated as for Intro-Fourth Level above.
• Freestyle: A minimum of THREE scores required to qualify;
medians will be calculated as for Intro-Fourth Level, above.
Although show management provides schooling show results to SCDCTA, competitors are solely responsible for checking their top scores when posted.
• To check scores when posted to ensure their accuracy, reporting any discrepancies by the published deadlines (see timeline on the awards main page).